China Outreach Ministries is an incorporated, nonprofit organization committed to the historic evangelical Christian faith. While COM works cooperatively with a variety of ministries and churches, COM exists to serve the whole body of Christ and is not officially connected to a particular church or denomination. COM is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.The markers on the map below indicate locations where COM staff members are currently working. The location information for each marker is generated by Google Maps and gives contact information for the university, not for the local COM ministry.
Approximately 400,000 Chinese students and scholars study in the United States each year and their numbers are rapidly multiplying. Most return to their homeland without ever making a Christian friend or hearing the message of Christ. China Outreach Ministries reaches these students and scholars with the Gospel and prepares them for Christian leadership and witness. We focus on “Giving Christ to China’s Future Leaders” by serving them in loving, practical ways; leading them to faith in Christ; teaching and discipling them; and equipping them to effectively live out their faith in their families, communities and professions. Each year, we send transformed Christian leaders back to China who are prepared and committed to being ambassadors of the Gospel for their own people and culture.
Chinese intellectuals who study in North America are impacting China’s culture and future.
We serve these men and women by:
- Building Christ-like relationships with Chinese students and scholars.
- Offering programs and practical services that demonstrate Christian love and concern.
- Leading investigative Bible studies and other outreach activities.
- Providing discipleship training for those who become believers.
- Equipping believers to return to China as effective witnesses for Christ.
- Enlisting and training skilled Chinese and non-Chinese staff who are called by the Lord to serve in Christian ministry among the Chinese.
- Publishing and producing Christian literature, printed and electronic, relevant to the concerns of Chinese intellectuals.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of separation from God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Christ-likeness: We intentionally seek to become more like Christ, surrendering to Him daily to live and serve as He desires.
- Cooperation: We collaborate with like-minded individuals, organizations and churches, encouraging North Americans and Chinese to work together.
- Relationships: We develop friendships and trust with Chinese scholars, co-workers, and ministry partners through authentic, caring relationships.
- Initiative: We take personal initiative, holding ourselves accountable to grow personally and minister effectively using diverse gifts and proven methods.
- Balance: We work diligently to accomplish our mission and vision while taking sufficient time for rest, family, and spiritual and personal development.
President: Rev. Daniel Su has served as President of China Outreach Ministries since 2017. Prior to this, he had served with COM for many years as a missionary on campus, area director, Special Assistant to the President, Executive Vice President and a board member. Daniel also served in a leadership role in a church planting in the Houston area and pastored that church for seven years. God blessed that growing ministry and Daniel had the joy of seeing many people come to know the Lord and get baptized each year. Daniel is a graduate of Liberty University and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (1991).
Vice President for Campus Ministry: Ken Wagoner has served with COM since 1988 when he left his position as a pastor to do campus ministry at Carnegie-Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University. He has a BA from the University of Pittsburgh and an M. Div. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Vice President for Development: Jeff Krimmel joined the staff of China Outreach Ministries in 2006 after working over 20 years in development for other organizations. Jeff has a BA from Messiah College and an MA in Communications from Wheaton Graduate School.
Vice Presidents for Mobilization: Don and Myrna Hines joined the COM leadership team in 2008. Don has a BA from Seattle Pacific University, an MA in Journalism from Marshall University and an MBA from the University of Puget Sound. Myrna earned a BA at Seattle Pacific University and an MA in Education at Central Washington University. They have previous experience in city, school and missions administration.
Training Director: Glenn Kenadjian has served with COM since 1994. He has a BS in Engineering from the University of Michigan and an MA in Philosophy of Religion from Trinity International University. In addition to serving as Training Director, Glenn is the Midwest Area Director and ministers to Chinese students and scholars at the University of Central Florida.