There are now approximately 400,000 Chinese students and scholars on North American college and university campuses. Most have never heard the gospel. Are you ready for a rewarding career building friendships and sharing Christ cross-culturally? If so, we invite you to explore serving with China Outreach Ministries.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
China Outreach Ministries is seeking full-time and part-time staff members to join existing campus teams or to begin new campus ministries at key US and Canadian university locations. As a COM campus staff member you will help meet the social, emotional and spiritual needs of Chinese students and scholars and their families through friendship, practical helps, evangelism, and discipleship training.
We are looking for individuals who are called by God to serve in ministry and possess the following qualifications:
- Christian maturity – friendly, mature, and hospitable with a balanced, integrated faith.
- Willingness to raise a personal ministry and support budget, assisted by COM training, ministry coaches and resources. (Note: In some cases, startup funds may be available.)
- College education and informal or formal Biblical/theological training.
- Helpful but not required: Experience teaching in China, TESOL training, Chinese language skills, cross-cultural ministry experience, seminary or Bible school degrees.
Campus staff members share Christ’s love with Chinese students and scholars by:
- Meeting felt needs through practical services (e.g. working with volunteers and churches, housing assistance, transportation, cultural orientation, English classes, professional seminars, etc.).
- Developing friendships and sharing Christ with individuals and groups.
- Organizing trips and special activities.
- Leading investigative Bible studies and fellowship groups.
- Recruiting and training N. American friendship partners, host families, and volunteers.
- Teaching and discipling new believers and preparing them to return to China as devoted, multiplying followers of Christ.
Individuals or couples who are:
- Willing and called to serve.
- Committed to full-time ministry. (Part-time and tentmaker positions possible, although not preferred.)
- Energetic, organized, and self-directed.
- Love the Lord and are passionate about reaching the nations.
- Team players who are willing to work with others to build a strong, effective ministry team.
Volunteers are a valued part of campus ministries, helping building relationships with Chinese students and scholars, and in the Leadership Center, providing clerical and professional support.
To inquire about volunteering, please call the Leadership Center (717-591-3500) or send an email to: email@example.com
Would you like to have a representative from China Outreach Ministries come to your church and share what God is doing to reach China’s future leaders? We can provide speakers for missionary conferences, worship services, women’s or men’s groups, or Sunday School classes.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-591-3500.
If you would like to pray for us regularly, we would be glad to put you on our electronic mailing list for our monthly Prayer Warrior.
Contact us at email@example.com to send us your e-mail contact information.
We in China Outreach Ministries want to share valuable resources helpful for ministering to Mainland Chinese students and scholars in the U.S. These resources were created or compiled by staff members of China Outreach Ministries. We want to make them available to volunteers or anyone interested in ministering to Chinese. We believe these resources are free of copyright restrictions. If we are mistaken about any items, please contact us and we will remove them.
You can spend time browsing through these folders to find what may be helpful for you. In addition, we have identified below SOME resources that we have developed that we believe can be particularly helpful.
In addition to viewing documents online, feel free to download whatever resources you want and print as needed. Also feel free to share resources with others.
Director of Training, China Outreach Ministries
Download Resources at tinyurl.com/ChineseMinistryResources
Articles, Activities, Bible Studies, Books, Discipleship, ESL, Evangelism Training, Group Outreaches, Personal Development, Recipes, Scripture memory, Skits, Speech Writing, Testimony Writing, Volunteers, etc.