There are now approximately 400,000 Chinese students and scholars on American college and university
campuses. Most have never heard the gospel. Will you explore how you might be part of giving Christ to
China’s future leaders?
Discover Staff Opportunities
COM regularly has openings for full and part-time staff to serve in both campus outreach and administrative roles.
Campus workers help meet the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of Chinese students, scholars, and their families through hospitality, friendship, practical helps, evangelism, and discipleship. Most of all, they live out Christ’s transforming love in university communities where Chinese study and engage in research.
Our administrative and leadership professionals strengthen campus ministry by providing training and support, recruiting and mobilizing staff, managing budgets and finances, and communicating with the staff and public.
Is there a COM position that’s right for you? To explore possibilities, email the Mobilization Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View job announcements for our current priority openings here.
Learn How We Serve
COM staff and volunteers share Christ’s love with Chinese students and scholars by
- Practicing hospitality
- Developing friendships and communicating our faith with individuals and groups
- Connecting through practical services such as transportation, cultural orientation, and conversational English
- Organizing trips and special activities
- Leading Bible studies and fellowship groups
- Recruiting and training friendship partners, host families, and volunteers
- Teaching and discipling new believers, preparing them to return to China as multiplying followers of Christ
Review Staff Qualifications
God has blessed COM staff with a variety of skills, interests, and backgrounds, yet they share one essential characteristic—confidence in God’s call. All COM staff members sense God has called them to use their abilities and gifts to reach the nations. We are looking for persons with a clear sense of call and with these characteristics:
- Christian maturity—friendly, mature, and hospitable with a solid faith and walk with the Lord.
- Willingness to raise personal and ministry support, assisted by COM training, coaching, and resources. (Startup funds may be available in some cases.)
- College education and informal or formal biblical/theological training. (TESOL training, experience in China, cross-cultural ministry experience, and seminary or Bible school degrees are helpful but not required.)
An ideal candidate is:
- Energetic, organized, and self-directed.
- Passionate about reaching the nations.
- A team player who will work with others to build a strong, effective ministry team. To learn more, contact the Mobilization Team at email@example.com.
We invite you to receive our complimentary IMPACT magazine (published three times yearly) and other COM news to help you pray for COM ministries. To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us in praying for God’s blessing, for opportunities for fruitful connections with Chinese students and scholars, for hearts open to the gospel, for provision of financial needs, and for the Lord to raise up new workers for his harvest.
Volunteers are a valued part of campus ministries and operations. In local campus ministries, volunteers help build relationships with Chinese students and scholars. In COM’s Leadership Center, volunteers provide clerical and professional support.
To inquire about volunteering, please call 717-591-3500 or email: email@example.com.
Find Tools for Ministry
China Outreach Ministries offers a wealth of resources created or compiled by staff members. We make these available to volunteers and others interested in Chinese ministry.
Follow the link below to find articles, Bible studies, recipes, skits, evangelism tools, and much more. You may download, print, and share materials as needed.
Note: We believe these resources are free of copyright restrictions. If we are mistaken about any items, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will remove them.
Download resources here.